Library of Things
The Library of Things is a collection of items that can be reserved and checked out from Spokane County Library District.
The collection is ever evolving and a natural extension of the library’s mission to provide resources, experiences, and places that empower people to learn, explore, and succeed.
How to Checkout
- Log in to the Library of Things system, and if you haven’t yet, complete and electronically sign the Library of Things Agreement and Waiver.
- Place a hold for the item by selecting the date range when you’d like to borrow the item or by placing a hold in the library’s main catalog.
- When it is time to pick up the item, you can use curbside pickup or pick the item up from the library service desk.
- Have your library card and a valid ID ready for pick up.
- Note: If the reserved item is not checked out within 24 hours after the start of the reservation, the reservation may be cancelled.
Need assistance? Contact us by calling 509.893.8400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most items from the Library of Things are available by reservation for customers ages 18 and older. Some exceptions include the Ready for School with STEM kits.
- Borrowers must possess a valid, in-district library card from Spokane County Library District to check out most items. Items that are available through the option of “Catalog checkout” may be available to those with out-of-district library cards.
- The borrower’s library account must have their current address and no outstanding fees greater than $25 to borrow items from the Library of Things. (Temporary and internet-only library cards do not have borrowing privileges for Library of Things items.)
- An electronically signed Library of Things Waiver and a valid government issued photo ID are required to check out equipment and items.
- Library of Things items can be reserved for the stated time period for each item and are not able to be renewed.
- Library cardholders are responsible for all materials checked out on their library cards.
- In the event that an item is lost or not returned, charges for the value of the item will be applied to the cardholder’s library account. In the event that an item is damaged, the cardholder will be charged for repairs or replacement of the item.
Spokane County Library District reserves the right to cancel a Library of Things reservation if the item is not checked out within 24 hours after the start of the reservation.